About Book Clubs on Stuart McLean
May 10, 2012
Book Clubs can be wonderful and book clubs can be tricky … Recently, Stuart McLean of The Vinyl Cafe (CBC Radio) told a story about “Morley” and her experience joining a book club.
Stuart recites: ” … the books she will read will take her to worlds beyond her own, and it’s always more fun to travel with friends.”
In the end, Morley sets some book club reading guidelines of her own:
1. A book about a man I could marry.
2. A book I read in Grade school.
3. A book that mentions chocolate favourably.
4. A book I haven’t read but have seen the movie.
5. A book my husband would quit after the first chapter.
Sounds like a fun book club to me!
So, set up the computer (or ipad or whatever you tune in on!) within earshot as you’re making dinner and enjoy the hilarity and the poignancy in this clip from the podcast. Just click on the link and Stuart will be chatting with you in no time.